Purchase Your Pet Registration Tag and Pay for Services
Purchasing a Sarasota County rabies registration tag is one of the most important things you can do for your dog or cat. Per county ordinance, a registration tag is required for ALL dogs and cats 4 months of age or older.
To purchase a Sarasota County license online please do one of the following steps:
1) Email a scanned copy of your current rabies vaccination certificate to email@example.com.
2) Fax a copy of your current rabies vaccination certificate to 941.316.1086; attention: Pet Licenses.
3) Mail your rabies certificate to:
Sarasota County Sheriff's Office Animal Services
Attention: Pet Licenses
8451 Bee Ridge Rd.
Sarasota, FL 34241
Before you begin your online purchase, please have the following information with you:
1) A copy of your pet’s current Rabies Certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian.
2) A valid credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or Discover cards are all accepted).
PLEASE NOTE: Your pet must have a current rabies vaccination and you must have a copy of a current rabies certificate before proceeding with this online registration. Tag purchases will not be processed without proof of a current rabies vaccination.
If you recently moved to Sarasota County and/or acquired a new pet and don't have an Activity# or last year's tag#, type 'NEW" in that particular field on the application.
If you are a new resident or have recently moved and need to update your mailing address, send an email indicating your new address to PetLicenses@sarasotasheriff.org if it is not indicated on your rabies certificate.
County Licensing fees are as follows:
1. Unaltered cat or dog (not spayed or neutered) - $25.00
2. Altered cat or dog (spayed or neutered, or under 1 year) - $10.00
3. Replacement tag- $5.00 (A replacement tag would replace your current year's license that has been either lost or damaged).
******* PAYMENT FOR CIVIL INFRACTIONS CANNOT BE RECEIVED VIA THIS PAYMENT SITE *******
PLEASE NOTE: Registration fees are nonrefundable and cannot be transferred. Once we receive your rabies certificate, your pet’s tag will be sent to you within 14 days. A current vaccination certificate must be provided before a license will be issued. Please make sure all information is correct including your name, address, phone number as well as the correct information for your animal.