Purchase Your Pet Registration Tag and Pay for Services
Purchasing a Sarasota County rabies registration tag is one of the most important things you can do for your dog or cat. Per county ordinance, a registration tag is required for ALL dogs and cats 4 months of age or older.
To purchase a Sarasota County license online please do one of the following steps:
1) Email a scanned copy of your current rabies vaccination certificate to email@example.com.
2) Fax a copy of your current rabies vaccination certificate to 941.316.1086; attention: Pet Licenses.
3) Mail your rabies certificate to:
Sarasota County Sheriff's Office Animal Services
Attention: Pet Licenses
8451 Bee Ridge Rd.
Sarasota, FL 34241
Before you begin your online purchase, please have the following information with you:
1) A copy of your pet’s current Rabies Certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian.
2) A valid credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or Discover cards are all accepted).
PLEASE NOTE: Your pet must have a current rabies vaccination and you must have a copy of a current rabies certificate before proceeding with this online registration. Tag purchases will not be processed without proof of a current rabies vaccination.
If you recently moved to Sarasota County and/or acquired a new pet and don't have an Activity# or last year's tag#, type 'NEW" in that particular field on the application.
If you are a new resident or have recently moved and need to update your mailing address, send an email indicating your new address to PetLicenses@sarasotasheriff.org if it is not indicated on your rabies certificate.
County Licensing fees are as follows:
1. Unaltered cat or dog (not spayed or neutered) - $25.00
2. Altered cat or dog (spayed or neutered, or under 1 year) - $10.00
3. Replacement tag- $5.00 (A replacement tag would replace your current year's license that has been either lost or damaged).
For all other service fee costs, please follow this link and to access our online payment center click here.
******* PAYMENT FOR CIVIL INFRACTIONS CANNOT BE RECEIVED VIA THIS PAYMENT SITE *******
PLEASE NOTE: Registration fees are nonrefundable and cannot be transferred. Once we receive your rabies certificate, your pet’s tag will be sent to you within 14 days. A current vaccination certificate must be provided before a license will be issued. Please make sure all information is correct including your name, address, phone number as well as the correct information for your animal.