REGISTRATION FOR THE UPCOMING HR218 QUALIFICATION COURSE TO BE HELD ON JUNE 11, 2022 IS NOW CLOSED.
Each year, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office offers an HR218 Pistol Qualification for retired law enforcement and corrections officers who meet the requirements under the HR218 Legislation. This qualification is limited to Sarasota County residents only and takes place at our gun range located at Knight Trail Park, 3445 Rustic Road, in Nokomis.
- Retired SCSO Employees will pay a $10.00 registration fee.
- All other retirees from other agencies will pay a $25.00 registration fee.
- A $1.50 processing fee from GOVPAY will be added to the total at checkout.
*****If you sign up and reserve a spot and pay for it, then you do not show up for the shoot, you will forfeit your fee as this spot could have been used by someone else.*****
Once you reserve your spot through the Survey Monkey sign-up procedure, you can proceed to the link to pay your fee for the HR218 shoot. Payment will be confirmed prior to the shoot date. If you fail to pay the associated fee, you will get a call to remind you to pay for and secure your spot. If you fail to pay the fee, your spot will be forfeited and opened back up to other waiting participants.
Select the link below to pay the registration fee. Lines with an * are required, see screenshots below for assistance. There is a fee associated with using this service as highlighted in the last screenshot. The fee will vary based on the payment amount being entered. Also, registrants have the option of emailing a copy of the receipt to themselves for confirmation and record keeping. A copy of the receipt will also be emailed to Fiscal once the payment is confirmed.
Payment link: https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/a001yi
In an abundance of caution due to COVID-19, the sheriff’s office will host qualifications for up to 90 people during six separate sessions. Each session will allow for no more than 15 registrants. To sign up, please click on one of the following links. If the session you select has been filled, please select another time to qualify.
Session 1 – starts promptly at 8:00 a.m. FULL
Session 2 – starts promptly at 8:30 a.m. FULL
Session 3 – starts promptly at 9:00 a.m. FULL
Session 4 – starts promptly at 9:30 a.m. FULL
Session 5 – starts promptly at 10:00 a.m. FULL
Session 6 – starts promptly at 10:30 a.m. FULL
**PARTICIPANTS MUST PRESENT BOTH THEIR RETIRED ID AND CURRENT DRIVERS LICENSE THE DAY OF THE SHOOT TO RECEIVE THEIR CARD.**
Please note the following instructions for all attendees attending qualification:
- Upon your arrival at the sheriff’s office gun range, training staff will direct you on where to park.
- Once parked, proceed directly to the front of the west range building for a safety check of your firearm by training staff. (Please ensure your firearm is unloaded)
- Once safety check is complete, you will be directed inside to the classroom to complete required paperwork. *****You need to show your drivers license and retired department ID card*****
- Once paperwork is complete, training staff will direct you out to the gun range for qualification. (Note: Please take all of your belongings outside with you as you will not be returning to the classroom)
- Upon completion of your qualification, you will be directed to the front of the building under the porch overhang to receive your certification card. The portable classroom has been removed to make way for future renovations. (Note:If you did not qualify and wish to retry, remain outside and you can join the next group on the line)
- Once you receive your certification card, please exit the portable classroom, and proceed to where you parked for departure.
- Please do not congregate on the property before or after your session.
**Note: all fields must be completed in order to register.