To schedule visitation appointments online CLICK HERE. Video Visitation Scheduling and Registration
Visitas por video Registro y programación
SCHEDULE AND VISIT FROM YOUR ANDROID PHONE OR TABLET
In addition to on-site visits, friends and family members can choose to schedule a video visit from the comfort of home.
Each internet video visitation session will be $12.00 per 25 minute visit. On-site video visits will continue to be free. Visits can be scheduled and cancelled using either the website or the App. Refunds for internet visits will not be issued. Friend and Family members can schedule an on-site or internet video visit by visiting https://jailvisit.scgov.net/app or by downloading the Android app "GTL Vismobile."
Effective December 1, 2014, inmates are allowed three (3) fifty-minute visitations per week. The maximum number of visitors allowed at each visit is three (3).
Visitors must be an adult (18 years or older) with an UNDAMAGED valid photo identification (driver's license, Florida I.D. card, Military I.D. card or passport). Expired, taped or broken identification WILL NOT be accepted. Children may visit only when accompanied by a parent or guardian, and children must have either a photo I.D. or birth certificate, or other legal custody papers such as adoption, ward of court, etc.
- Unaccompanied children will not be permitted in the visitation center or jail front lobby. If children are not controlled in visitation or the jail front lobby, the visitor may be asked to leave.
- Each inmate is permitted up to three (3) visitors at a time, including children and infants.
- Visitors with infants and small children may bring one baby bottle/one diaper/baby wipes/and a blanket. A diaper bag, which will be searched, shall be permitted. No strollers or baby carriers will be allowed.
Special visits (family emergencies, death, grave illness) must be approved through Administration.
- No miniskirts
- No short shorts
- No halter tops or tops with spaghetti straps
- No tank tops or muscle shirts
- No see through tops
- No tops that reveal cleavage or midriff
- No improper messages or images
- No bare feet
Photographs, writing materials and cell phones are NOT allowed in the visitation area. Visitation can be denied if rules are violated.
ALL VISITS ARE SUBJECT TO MONITORING AND RECORDING
Internet Visits: 0830am – 1100am and 1200pm – 1800pm Everyday
On Site Visits: 0900am – 1100am and 1200pm – 1800pm Everyday
Visitation is available seven days a week.
Inmates that have not yet been classified (typically less than 3 days in jail) or are under special medical observation may not receive personal visits unless approved by administration. Legal visits will be allowed but may be subject to certain restrictions based on client’s condition.
Regulations concerning dress and conduct for all visitors are posted at the entrance to the facility. Failure to follow visitor rules and regulations may result in loss of visitation privileges for the visitor. Visits shall be terminated without notice for any violation of visitation rules.
All outgoing mail is inspected by staff members, as provided for by law, with the exception of privileged mail (letter to attorney, court, clergy, media, etc.) Only privileged envelopes may be sealed.
Notice: Effective April 9, 2018, all incoming non-legal mail must be in the form of a postcard not smaller than 3.5" by 5" and no larger than 4.25" by 6".
Mail with gang related or obscene drawing, language or profanity will not be forwarded to the inmate. To alleviate problems in mail delivery, all incoming mail must have full name (include middle initial), cell block (if known), and return address of sender (Full name and address, no AKA’s.)
See the sample address for inmate mail below:
P.O. Box 49588
Sarasota, FL 34230
In addition to the above restrictions, the following items are prohibited:
- Mail that is not in postcard form and/or smaller than 3.5" by 5" and larger than 4.25" by 6"
- Polaroid pictures and pictures larger than 4x6 inches
- Magazines, newspapers, and books or clippings thereof
- Padded, musical, electronic and oversized cards
- Tobacco, paraphernalia, foreign and unidentifiable substances, fragrances or markings
- Items that are glued, taped or stapled
- Packages/bubble wrap envelopes
- Stickers and stamps (other than postage service attachments and address labels affixed to the outside of the envelope)
Money orders may be mailed to inmates at: Access Corrections
P.O. Box 12486
St. Louis, MO 63132
Money orders must be made out to "Access Secure Deposits". Include the state, city, inmate name and ID number on all money orders. Example: Florida, Sarasota, John Smith, 0200012345.
All mail not meeting the above requirements will be returned to the post office once a week for return to sender. Return delivery may take up to 10 days.
Inmate messaging is now available. Friends and family members can log into their already existing pre-paid GTL account, or can create one by visiting https://web.connectnetwork.com/ . Inbound and outbound electronic messaging will be available from 6AM – 10PM daily.
Messages are monitored. Messages without attachments will be processed automatically. Incoming messages with attachments will be reviewed and forwarded once a day. Inappropriate messages and/or attachments will be rejected. The facility reserves the right to determine if messages and attachments are appropriate. Attachments with partial nudity are not acceptable. Refunds for rejected messages will not be issued.
*****Unwanted contact may be blocked by either party*****
Inbound Electronic Message $0.25
Outbound Electronic Message $0.25
Inbound Message with Picture Attachment $0.75
Inbound Message with Video Attachment $1.25