Reporting to the Community Affairs Director, the Media Relations Specialist will assist with daily operations of the Office and provide information, files and records to members of the media as requested. Duties will include facilitating and providing on-camera interviews, utilizing agency databases, creating communication tools and maintaining the agency’s website and social media platforms. Law enforcement and Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred. The schedule is Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., but candidate must be available for occasional nights, weekends, and for special events and on-call rotation.
Salary range upon hire: $38,734 - $45,944 (determined by acceptable prior related experience).
Long-term salary cap: $64,640
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years media relations/public relations experience
- Social media experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive but highly confidential environment
- Understanding of Florida Public Records law