The Court Services Deputy will be responsible for a variety of duties that include but are not limited to maintaining order in the courtroom, escorting inmates to and from the correctional facility, serving the requests of the judge, searching inmates and/or visitors, conduct pre-courtroom preparation, monitor all activities within the courtroom, direct and supervise the jury pool, patrol the courthouse holding facility, check alarms, inspect transport vehicles, review docket and inmate records, oversee security area checkpoints and perform varied law enforcement duties when necessary.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be Florida Law Enforcement Certified or currently attending a Florida Law Enforcement Academy and meet one of the following four requirements:
- An Associate's Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university, or
- Prior military service with military contract completed and Honorable Discharge received (Form DD214 required), or
- Three (3) years' prior full time LawEnforcement experience. Experience must have occurred within three years of application, or
- Three (3) years' experience as a Corrections Deputy with the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office.
- Must meet the minimum standards of the Agency approved PAT (Physical Abilities Test).
- Applicants who do not possess an Associate's Degree or equivalent must successfully complete the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) with a total battery score of 10.0 or higher and a score of 8.0 or higher in reading and langauge.
- Must successfully complete an oral review board and meet eligibility score for each.
- Must have a valid drivers' license.
- Must meet Agency approved Drug and Tobacco Policy.
- Must submit to a complete background investigation, polygraph and psychological evaluation and found to be of good moral character.
- Must submit to a complete physical examination mandated by FDLE requirements to include but not limited to: drug, hearing and vision screening, and EDK testing.
- Applicants must never have been convicted of a felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statements.
- Applicants with prior military service must have completed their military contract and received an Honorable Discharge (Form DD214 required).
For additional information call 941.861.4159.