The Tag Specialist will be responsible for the coordination and tracking of animal licensing throughout the county. This includes, but is not limited to; data entry, verifying payments, handling money and credit card receipts, oversight of accounting records, interacting and communicating with over 80 veterinarian offices, tracking missing licenses, scanning all license certificates for recordkeeping, answering incoming calls regarding licensing process, and transferring animal dispatch calls as needed.
Salary range upon hire: $27,061 - $33,220 (determined by acceptable prior related experience).
Long-term salary cap: $45,183
- Demonstrated skill in the use of computer and office equipment required to perform the position tasks.
- Efficient in time management skills relating to daily work activities, tasks, and special assignments.
- Possess excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, demonstrating an awareness for human diversity to citizens and colleagues.
- Knowledge of the care of animals.
- Veterinary assistant knowledge preferred.