- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED. Must successfully complete the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test and achieve a score of 248 or higher in Verbal Skills and 241 or higher in Quantitative Skills (math). Candidates with an associate's degree or equivalent number of credits from an accredited college/university will not be required to take the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test.
- Florida Law Enforcement Certified.
- Must meet the minimum standards of the Agency approved PAT (Physical Abilities Test).
- Must successfully complete an oral review board and meet eligibility score.
- Must have a valid Florida drivers’ license.
- Must meet Agency approved Drug and Tobacco Policy
- Must submit to a complete background investigation, polygraph, and psychological evaluation and found to be of good moral character.
- Must submit to a complete physical examination mandated by FDLE requirements to include but not limited to: drug, hearing and vision screening and EKG testing.
- Applicants must never have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement.
- Applicants with prior military service must have completed their military contract and received an Honorable Discharge (Form DD14 required).
Employment will coordinate with the 2019-2020 academic year for the Sarasota County School System, but there is no guarantee that employment will be renewed from year to year.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED