The primary responsibility of this position is field work in the enforcement of the County's Animal Control Ordinances and State Statutes. This position includes a take-home vehicle. The employee must be able to operate an animal control vehicle and be prepared to encounter a variety of circumstances involving both domestic and wild animals. The officer will be involved in transporting animals, issuing citations, impounding animals, contacting owners, responding to calls and advising the general public on appropriate issues. This position also requires working a rotating schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
Salary range upon hire: $30,775 - $37,779 (determined by acceptable prior related experience).
Long-term salary cap: $51,385
- Knowledge of the care of animals.
- Knowledge of Sarasota County Animal Control Ordinances.
- Ability to have compassion for animals and make careful visual observations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and enforce the laws, both verbally and written, to citizens and colleagues with firmness and impartiality.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.