Worthless Checks

The victim of a bad check may file a report with the 12th Judicial Circuit State Attorney, provided there is sufficient information, and that the check meets all eligibility guidelines. The 12th Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office will seek full restitution for victims whenever possible; however, please keep in mind that the Bad Check Restitution Program can make no recovery guarantees. By submitting a check to the program, you surrender control of the check to criminal process and forego the opportunity to pursue civil debt collections.

To begin this process download the form.