Ten local convenience store clerks were cited for selling alcohol to a minor during an undercover operation conducted by the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office Juvenile Alcohol Task Force (JATF) this week.
The following businesses were found to be in violation of selling alcohol to a person under 21 and the clerks were given a misdemeanor Notice to Appear.
- 7-11, 5232 Ocean Blvd., Sarasota
- Circle K, 5651 Clark Rd., Sarasota
- Citgo, 2201 Bee Ridge Rd., Sarasota
- BP, 2791 Bee Ridge Rd., Sarasota
- 7-11, 1721 Honore Ave., Sarasota
- Chevron, 6895 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- Shell, 6991 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- Discount Tobacco, 2240 N. Tamiami Trail, Nokomis
- Quick Mart, 700 N. Tamiami Trail, Nokomis
The clerk at Sunoco, 3951 Clark Rd., Sarasota, was arrested for the same crime. He did not have legal identification so deputies could not issue a Notice to Appear.
Another 35 businesses were found to be in compliance and were sent a letter to commend owners and employees for helping reduce the sale of alcohol to minors.