Six local convenience store clerks were cited for selling alcohol to a minor during an undercover operation conducted by the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office Juvenile Alcohol Task Force this week.
The following businesses were found to be in violation of selling alcohol to a person under 21 and the clerks were given a misdemeanor Notice to Appear:
- Save On 2800 Bee Ridge Rd., Sarasota
- Radiant 5761 Bee Ridge Rd., Sarasota
- Citgo 4529 Bee Ridge Rd., Sarasota
- Save On 1135 Beneva Rd., Sarasota
- Shell Circle K 13280 S. Tamiami Tr., North Port
- 7-11 1011 N. Sumter Blvd., North Port
Another 53 businesses were found to be in compliance and were sent a letter to commend owners and employees for helping reduce the sale of alcohol to minors.
Sheriff Tom Knight is concerned about the illegal sale of alcohol to minors and the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office will continue undercover operations to deter this type of activity.