NEWS RELEASE #: 16-143
The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office cited five local store clerks for selling alcohol to a minor during a recent undercover operation by the Juvenile Alcohol Task Force (JATF).
Personnel visited 53 convenience and liquor stores throughout Sarasota County on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. The following businesses were found to be in violation of selling alcohol to a person under 21, and at each location clerks were given a misdemeanor Notice to Appear citation.
1. Sunoco, 3953 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota
2. Marathon, 6212 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
3. Shell, 1166 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
4. Stop N Shop, 802 E. Venice Avenue, Venice
5. 7-Eleven, 2200 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice
Another 48 businesses in Sarasota, Venice, Osprey, and Nokomis were in compliance and will receive a letter to commend owners and employees for helping reduce the sale of alcohol to minors.
The results of this operation are forwarded to the Florida Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco, which licenses alcohol sales at each establishment.