Provide comprehensive victim services to those who have been a victim of a crime or other serious misfortune; to advocate for and provide assistance to victims of crime; to act as a liaison for the victim with the criminal justice system and social services available on national, state and local levels; oversee delivery of services to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
Salary range upon hire (determined by prior related experience): $30,775 - $36,504
Long-term salary cap: $51,358
- Knowledge of the legal process; local, state and national social service agencies.
- Knowledge of victim compensation benefits.
- Ability to demonstrate genuine caring and concern to victims.
- Self-directed and creative in initiating possible solutions for various victim problems and ability to articulate the related criminal justice procedures and processes.
- Proficient in active listening and knowledge of crisis intervention skills and techniques.
- Effective verbal and written skills along with awareness for human diversity to citizens and colleagues.
- 1-2 years related experience preferred.
- Must be willing and able to participate in after hours and weekend on-call rotation or group call outs for major events.
OPEN UNTIL JANUARY 19, 2018